Check your version
These docs are meant for nextgen Web SDK, which is the default for projects since 10 Feb 2022.
To be sure that you use the current version, just redeploy the tracking code.
You may distinguish between versions based on the value of
c.srcin tracking code:
- legacy - https://rec.smartlook.com/recorder.js
- nextgen - https://web-sdk.smartlook.com/recorder.js
- For each of your projects you can find the Tracking code in Organization settings > Project settings
- Insert the tracking code to your web. The code is similar to this:
- You may also use Smartlook npm package with Typescript support.
Once deployed to your site, sessions will start showing up in your Smartlook project. Sessions become fully available once the visitor leaves your site and are fully processed by Smartlook, which may take a couple of minutes.
It is important to mention that Smartlook in its default setting records as anonymously as possible. That means that information that can be considered private (emails, phone numbers, text inputs) is hidden by default.
You can adjust these settings to exclude even more things from being recorded by using Sensitivity API.
In case some elements are hidden by default but are considered safe in terms of recording, you can adjust these settings as well here.
Check Knowledge base for more general information, integrations, and FAQ.
Updated 3 months ago